Welcome to my blog, Fit by Kori!
The best part of my day is working with people on reaching their goals. In my role as club manager at Equinox Newport Beach, I get to work with professional athletes and celebrities, young and student athletes, and lots of LA locals. As you've already guessed, their goals are completely varied, ranging from maintaining that multi-million-dollar-contract physique, to training for a new sport, to keeping fit, to getting in shape after missing months at the gym, to recovering from an accident or injury. I specialize in nutrition and training for peak performance, injury prevention, and recovery for clients at every fitness level.
In addition to working with my individual clients, I am a Tier 4 Master Trainer, which is the highest level of fitness trainer at multi-national, premier fitness center Equinox. I provide training and quality control for all of Equinox's new trainers.
Here in my personal blog, I get to share with you tons of what you need to know about fitness, nutrition, heath, and training do's and don'ts. My education and my fitness practice are based on the science behind movement and peak performance, so you're always going to get the straight scoop on maintaining your health, performing at your best, keeping mobile, and reducing pain. No fads, no gimmicks.
Sign up for my newsletter and watch my blog for articles about:
- Peak performance
- Injury prevention
- How to achieve lasting freedom of movement
- Training for runners
- Training for triathletes
- Body image
- Dangers of sudden diet changes
- Dealing with chronic pain
- Nutrient timing for peak performance
- Adaptability of the human body
- How to build lean muscle (without spending 4 hours a day at the gym)
- How to get the most out of your virtual personal trainer
- How to keep running into your 40s, 50s, and 60s...and do you need to think about it in your 20s and 30s?
- Fitness training for equestrians
- Starting a workout plan (for a range of ages and fitness levels)
- Specialized training for teen athletes
ALSO, I will share some of my favorite recipes and training foods, favorite exercises (plus the right way to do them) and tons more.
I hope that you will post your questions for me and let me know what specific roadblocks you're having in reaching your fitness goals. Hit me up in the comments below, connect with me also on Twitter and Instagram!